Saturday, August 31, 2013

you are what you eat. i am words.


there are some days when i don't feel.

i'm just moving. unsure of where it is i'm headed.

my breathing is mechanical and consistent.

it's like the world is living in slow motion and i'm just there.

watching.

a tourist.


but there are other days when i feel so much that my heart could burst.

an explosion of pain. blinding this dark world we call home.

what i feel is the same as what everyone else feels.

but i'm just too afraid to admit it.

afraid to say the words that want to break out of me.

to scream into the universe so people will know that i'm breaking.


but i eat those words.

words coated with sugar so the swallowing is easier.


i am human.

i am not a tourist.

i am a writer. a creator.


you want to know why i'm human?

it's because no matter how hard i try, i still love you.

because when you touch me it leaves little scars that won't ever go away.


i'm human because i bleed.

i think.

and feel.

and touch.

i love.

and i love too much.

and i break.


i'm human because i'm full of the words that i choke on as i swallow.

that don't know how to come out.

the words that i am.

13 comments:

  1. I enjoy this so much, I'm excited for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I also really enjoy your blog, you are a beautiful and inspired artist of words.

      Delete
  2. Words coated with sugar so the swallowing is easier.
    I know I'm human because I'm full of the words that I choke on as I swallow.
    Gorgeous. Too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant wait to find out who this is. Very impressed..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "it's like the world is living in slow motion and I'm just there."
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    Just Beautiful... all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This... words can not begin to describe, and no song I can think of can match this in any way, and I do love my music.
    Sometimes I feel this way, just kinda there. I often wonder if I'm the lead actor, the support, or just a filler, the people the walk around or get killed and stuff. Quite honestly it makes me scream, and I do love a good scream now and then, but this just plays on my heartstrings like a bass guitar.
    (Beautiful in Blue)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry.

    I had this post on my top 5, and then I deleted it.

    I don't know why. I had to get rid of one them.

    I already regret it.

    Anyway, I really enjoyed this. And your blog. And your comments. And this post (did I already mention that?).

    Please, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete