Saturday, January 11, 2014

Don't Cover Your Ears. (the REAL real talk)

"This isn't the beginning of something beautiful. This is the end."


But despite the monsters inside my heart; I found Paris.

And Paris found me.

And she let the bad weather of words come and pour all over me.

They spilled; and hearts shattered. Just like I said they would.

And maybe it was just mine.

But my soul-painted universe cracked wide open.

You saw my imperfections.

You held my heart.

And it was brutally beautiful. Brutally beautiful. Brutally...beautiful.

I mean...we were all beautiful once. 


But at the end of the day, the sun...and the moon...and the stars; they don't seem so important anymore.

I find myself drowning in the beauty of smiles and the miles of endless words. But I'm tired of eating the sugar-coated ones. The ones that kissed the inside of my neck with hell fire as they went. 

Damnit! Feed me happiness. Shove it down my throat. I want to feel something. Even if all it is, is choking on the wrinkles of my own smile. This broken frame and these tired eyes were meant for more than just the darkness.

There's this thing crawling inside my heart. It makes my skin tingle and itch with desperation.

Because I'm scared as hell.

Scared of the truth behind these eyes;

Scared that to close them because I might miss it all.

Scared that if I let go, it would mean adding another failure to the already overflowing piles in my backyard.


I'm claustrophobic is this skin;

Covered in little white memories from the people I've touched.

I'm scared of my reflection.

Scared that I'll see you on the other side of that mirror.

Perfectly flawed and covered in stars.

And that I'll fall in love...

All over again.




Yours forever,
Just Alex.

9 comments:

  1. "I find myself drowning in the beauty of smiles and the miles of endless words. But I'm tired of eating the sugar-coated ones. The ones that kissed the inside of my neck with hell fire as they went."

    You're just too good. So incredible. Every syllable of your authentic talk syllabus.

    Also, thanks for being the first one to find/read my blog other than Nelson. It was super inspiring to know that someone read my writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so glad I found you!
      You changed my whole world with your words. So thank you.

      And thank you for always reading and commenting, it helped me so much to know that people actually cared.

      Let's stay friends. I think it'll help me hold on to Paris just a little bit longer. You, me, Grace, Sky...everyone. I don't want this to go away... :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you.

      You have also been a HUGE inspiration to me. You are one of those humans that changes lives, and you sure as hell changed mine. Thank you so so much.

      Delete
  3. loved the reference to failures piling up in backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. honestly I really miss your blog a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly...I do too.

      I miss having the time to do it.

      I miss writing
      and writing
      and writing...

      I miss Paris.

      Delete
  5. Honestly, you should write again. We all miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea what this means to me....
      I've been writing but I've been so terrible about keeping up on my blogs.
      I'm mad at myself for it all the time.
      I miss Paris and it's not the same anymore without all of you.

      Too many words and not enough time.

      Delete