Thursday, January 9, 2014

Paris Was Mine.

I met Paris on Tuesday.

We were categorically strangers.


And that first day was so thick you could catch the excitement and unsurity on your tongue like raindrops. 

And there was a thirst for the unknown that was beautifully unsettling.


At first the map seemed almost more important than the view.

Surrounded by humans that walked through static with painted faces and glazed eyes; desperate for the truth. 

We were all tourists in a place we did not understand.


But Paris became the map of my heart; 

something unspokenly captivating just waiting to be discovered. 

I tore at the edges wanting more, but never fully satisfied.


I was so helplessly drawn in by the unkind and honest lips of this dangerous place. 

And the words...they were all I wanted.


The sky was red with rain. 

And it poured out the words they could never figure out how to say.

Because they never sounded quite right in the sun. 

That sky was perfect.


Stained with memories that turned into cosmic masterpieces as they danced through my veins and across my tongue.

I was finding myself for the first time. And it scared me. But it was so beautiful I never wanted to stop.

We were endless.

And it was endless. It seemed.


But what goes up comes down. 

And despite what Paris told you, the sky is actually blue. 

And the painful truth, is that it is all ending. 

Everything ends. 

Even Paris.


And as much as I wanted Paris to be infinite, there weren't enough words in my lungs that could keep her.





 

9 comments:

  1. All I wanted was the words, too.

    And that Eiffel Tower picture is dope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, honestly. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a reply to your comment on my blog but now I'm thinking I should of just written it on yours. Oh well.

    "Paris became the map to my heart"

    your blog was the first one I ever read in this class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously going to miss your blog.

      And your comments.

      Always makes my day.

      Delete
  4. Sooooo good. I honestly cannot wait to find out who you are in reality like really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if this isnt your last post. yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jern Hayes.

    You have been one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES from day one. And I figured out who you were when we changed seats first term (I think) and you sat right in front of me...it's been killing me all semester. You are so incredible. Such a gifted writer and artist. And a HUGE inspiration to me and so many others. DON'T EVER STOP WRITING. Yes.

    I just had another thought...and then it died. My brain is having issues functioning, I apologize.

    But no seriously. You....uggghhh. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I tore at the edges wanting more, but never fully satisfied."

    I'm always wanting more Paris. Christmas break hurt, when we had a writing famine. Please stay for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like writing famines....they're too painful. And I feel like this is going to be the longest one yet now that it's all over.

      I promise to stay for awhile.
      Will you stay too?

      Delete