Monday, September 30, 2013

Here. I. Am.



Nobody sees the scars because they're hidden.

Swallowed up in the sadness of an untold story. 

But that's what I am. 


I'm made of 

broken pieces, 

untold stories, 

hushed secrets,

glass kisses,

dangerous inspiration, 

unsaid words, 

and hidden scars. 


Full of 

lost hope, 

empty promises, 

smothered memories, 

shattered joy, 

wounded fear,

and fallen dreams. 


Haunted by 

burnt shadows,  

faded beauty, 

quiet love, 

delicate fingerprints,

worn out laughter, 

fragile loss, 

and blank pages. 


I am 

torn edges, 

crooked lines, 

crippled feelings, 

aching tears, 

silent thoughts,

crumbling walls,

and endless mistakes.




A damaged heart.

A frayed soul.

A stained mind.

An imperfect whole.

...But Here I Am.


14 comments:

  1. "quiet love" "empty promises"
    #stolen
    #loveyourblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nobody sees the scars because they're hidden.
    Swallowed up in the sadness of an untold story.
    But that's what I am."

    I would copy and paste this entire post, but it would be one long comment.

    #loveyourblog
    #amazing
    #Iloveyou
    #iwillshutupnow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughh I just love your blog soo freakin much its ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  4. "glass kisses"

    LOVE.

    #stolenagain

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the "glass kisses" and "torn edges" that got me. Your writing is incredible, ya know. I think you know though. You must know.
    It's different in the way that it's not beat and shoved into a poem.

    I like how much you comment on other's blogs too. K, I just really like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for this...it really means more to me than you'll ever know. I am soo self-conscious about my writing and sharing it with people...so thank you. Honestly this kinda just made my day.

      And I just love love love reading other people's writing. It blows my mind the things people write about and how they write it and...ugh ya, just so good. But I love it. And I know how much a comment means to me, so I try to give that to them, ya know?

      Delete
  6. Full of
    lost hope,
    empty promises,
    smothered memories,
    shattered joy,
    wounded fear,
    and fallen dreams.
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is dangerous inspiration. Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much power in just two words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been waiting and waiting for yours to be a top 5 because in my opinion your entire blog is worthy of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That means so much, thank you! :)
    you too are so worthy of top 5! I love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. But that's what I am.
    #simple #plain #butawesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. "An imperfect whole.
    ...But Here I Am."
    Aren't we all? But who cares about us here when it's you. And you did it. You made it here, and here you are; as imperfect and whole as you are, you still capture the hearts and minds of everyone that comes to this place.
    Grand Slam.
    An Ever Growing Wonder - We Came As Romans (lyrics)

    ReplyDelete