Sunday, October 13, 2013

{maybe if i fall asleep i won't breathe right}

maybe there is no me.

and no you.

and no us.


but there is space camp.

and i am space camp.

and you are space camp.

and yes love; we could be space camp.


they threw bricks, and bricks.

and more bricks.

and those bricks hit me so hard.

and i woke up

coughing up all my dreams;

the ones coated in blood and disappointment and hysteria.

the ones that don't have any pictures.


i tried to paint them

but they didn't seem real enough.

and my tears smeared and made the ink bleed and wrinkled the paper;

and it was kind of beautiful.

and my bones told me to shut up and stop thinking so much

and then i started to live.


breathing wasn't so bad anymore.

"just follow me," you'd say.

(in. out. in. out.)

and things got easier.

or maybe i just stopped caring so much.

and i was happy you know...

the smile wasn't glued and my heart was red. (a good kind of red)


the ink from our pen moved mountains and the universe expanded 

ever. so. slightly.

we painted photographs of the future and erased the definition of "beautiful" and "perfect".

we traveled through time and space 

and left little pieces of us where we went so everyone would see.

we are the art that people talk about and take pictures of. 

the tourists just passing through our story.

"it's okay i don't mind, i've got you." you told me as 

they mechanically walked back and forth and back and forth and back and forth... 


and we fell in love over and over and over again.


"i'm going to space camp," i said to you last night.

and you laughed a little as you kissed me.

"we're already there" you whispered.

and i smiled because i knew.










21 comments:

  1. If by the end of this class my blog is somewhat close to being as brilliant as yours then I think I will be pretty gosh dang stinking happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fa-nominal choice in pictures by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. love. also that quote was on my blog that you used for your title. so. feeling pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true. it's from an imagine dragons song :) so so good. but yes, you are super cool!

      Delete
    2. I love that song. It becomes us all.

      Delete
    3. Yes, yes it does. Also, have you heard Monster by Imagine Dragons? If not, you should search and listen because...ya idk. It's a good one.

      Delete
  4. "we painted photographs of the future and erased the definition of "beautiful" and "perfect"."

    How about we all just do that really quick? This is a beautiful post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude.....why?
    Why do you have to be so amazing?? Can I just steal your brain? YA! not your words, your brain! I wish I could come up with this stuff....FREAK!!
    #stolenbrain #you'reawesome #Iloveyou #shutingthefullcup

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm literally speechless. this was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "(a good kind of red)" #ordinarykindof

    " "i'm going to space camp," i said to you last night.
    and you laughed a little as you kissed me.
    "we're already there" you whispered."

    AND YOU LAUGHED A LITTLE AS YOU KISSED ME

    ReplyDelete
  8. listen to video games - lana del rey and read this and it will work and click and capture and soak and moisten and that word moist will moist you and wtf am i saying moist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with this video games song.

      Delete
    2. Oh! It is so good. Nels, I'm obsessed too. I love Lana.
      But I will listen to it while I read this.
      And that whole thing about moist...ya I laughed a little bit, maybe a lot, out loud. :)

      Delete
  9. You are amazing. I love your writing. Never stop, because it will move mountains one day. You will help some one find them self's when they are lost, because I have the feeling that you were lost but now you are found. Its all because of your writing. I love it and I will be coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "and things got easier.
    or maybe i just stopped caring so much."
    a) I love the writing. It's really nice, and better than nice, but no word comes to mind other than nice.
    b) Those pictures are amazing. I'd say stop being so amazing so there is more room for others, but, silly me, there is the whole universe!
    Way to go!!! Grand Slam, peeps. Grand Slam.
    #Simple and Clean

    ReplyDelete
  11. "We're already there" You whispered"
    Okay this whole thing was emotional and brilliant and amazing!!!
    I love you......

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a way with words that is captivating. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I first read this I was just pacing around the house, so excited. I don't even know what to say. This is so beautiful and you got me. Heart melted.
    "everything"
    Hashtag stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe that I haven't seen this till now. Im speechless. You always impress and I love your blog so much. Thank you for your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. read this again for fun and...yeah. probably my favorite yet.
    #jealous

    ReplyDelete