Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm taking the damn memories with me...I don't care what you say.

The day you found my heart

You picked it up and dusted it off

You put it me back together...

And I let myself love you, you know.

Despite all of the desperate screams that echoed inside myself.

From my aching soul and strangled lungs

I still loved love you.


1. the day perfection was raining down on us and you pulled me close and kissed me over and over

2. how you'd fall asleep next to me on the couch, and you'd wake up and look and me and smile and I would laugh a little as you would drift back to sleep. and I would hope you were dreaming of me.

3. bellybuttons.

4. the way you run your fingers through my hair.

5. how you are probably the only human that can tickle me (I still don't know how you do did it).

6. our matching scars (and how yours is just a little bigger than mine).

7. when you kissed me. again.

8. when you drove to my house without telling me and sat across the street in your car for what felt like hours...

9. how you took a picture of us, and I let you.

10. you.

The screams broke out the other day

When you didn't love me anymore.

And somebody heard and called to say,

"You're broken. You need help."

But I let it ring into the depths of space

And let the dust bury the screams.

But I'm taking the damn memories with me...

I don't care what you say.







12 comments:

  1. "But I let it ring into the depths of space

    And let the dust bury the screams."

    UNREAL. This post was so so good. AH! I love the whole thing! Soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE BACK AND I AM EXCITED ABOUT IT. Also I love you. Also I love this. Also I really wish I knew who you were, but not really because I like guessing. Also keep writing forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know....sorry it's been so long :/ I'm kicking myself for not writing for so long. I'VE MISSED IT. But I still write in my head. But also, I love you. You are amazing and your words get me everytime. Don't ever stop. Ever. Okay?

      Delete
  3. ""You're broken. You need help."
    But I let it ring into the depths of space
    And let the dust bury the screams."
    First, I've missed you. Where've you been?!
    Second, this is one helluva return! I love this. Listening to A Reason for Broken Wings- A Skylit Drive. As usual, just the lyrics.
    Grand Slam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!!
      It's good to be back!! I've missed it!
      Writing is kind of an addiction...
      I love that you always give me knew songs to look up and enjoy, thank you mucho!

      Delete
  4. I've read a lot of blogs tonight.. I might have to say this was my favorite one. I can relate to this post a killer amount.

    seriously though:

    The day you found my heart
    You picked it up and dusted it off
    You put it me back together...

    how you'd fall asleep next to me on the couch, and you'd wake up and look and me and smile and I would laugh a little as you would drift back to sleep. and I would hope you were dreaming of me.

    okay I want to quote all of these but I don't have time.

    And I've wanted to do a post like this for a while.. I wish I could copy and past this onto my blog.

    #perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could know just how perfect your words are to me everytime you write. You are probably my favorite blog this semester. Definitely in my top two.

      And it made my day to see that you had quoted this on your blog. I'm seriously melting...you are such an inspiration to me. And I pray that you never ever stop writing.

      #letsbefriends

      Delete
  5. Somehow I accidentally read this not knowing it was you and I thought you were a boy for some reason. But it was PERFECT that way. Like, every one of those numbers fits with the boy I love or the boy I used to love. Like, nobody has ever been able to tickle him, but for some reason when I bite his knees it tickles like crazy. Weird?... yeah. You didn't really need to know that. Except, your words are basically what keeps me tied to blogger. EVERYONE's obsessed with you but still you somehow manage to make your words feel so personal to me.
    I have been searching for your comments. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh FINALLY!!!!! I get to read your NEW amazing writing...Where have you been...jk but seriously!! I have missed your writing!! anyway love your stuff

    bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. ho. lee. shit. you're back! you disappeared for a while and i've missed not being able to read your stuff. Like seriously. Without fail, every week, before i do my blogs, I read yours for inspiration on what to do. and i just love every last word that you write. I can read your posts again and again and again (repeat like 100 more times) and they still never get old. Please don't disappear again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh (not out loud though...I'm in class and I don't like my laugh). But I'm sorry for disappearing...it's been rough the last few months just trying to stay alive. But I'm back! And it makes me feel so good to see that people actually care about my writing...I struggle a lot with that. So THANK YOU! Seriously...I cannot thank you enough. You are a ginormous (don't know if that's how you spell that..) inspiration to me. Ugh...you are just so insanely good! Anywho....thank you for this. Made my shit day (week...month...life) a little bit better (which is really kind of a lot).

      Delete