Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Even If You Don't Want Me...




I want you to know that I'm not thinking about you.

I'm not thinking about you.

But damnit... 

You're always in my head, where you're not supposed to be.

And I don't think about you like crayons think about melting.

Or like fingers think about painting.


Yes, I'm aware of your crooked mouth and how you smile at my flaws.

And I'm breaking under the sun that loved you and not me.

Because I don't think about you, or your fingertips.

I don't think about you.

Like birds think about flying.

Or how I think about dying.


You're the only one that every really knew the contents of my soul.

Elaborate. Delicate.

My mind and thoughts so broken,

you were the only one that could touch them.

(please be gentle)

But I'm not thinking about you,

Or the muscles that run up your spine like smoke.

Because I'm having a hard time breathing.

And the thing is, I'd like my lungs to stay how they are.

Thank you.






























You can look away now.

There's nothing to see.

Because I'm thinking about you.


Thinking about you

Like whispers think about secrets.

And secrets think about keeping.

And I'm thinking about keeping...you.

Like time thinks about stopping.

And mountains think about moving.

And I'm wishing that I could move mountains just so you'd

notice me.

But we all want what we can't have.


I'm breathing you know...

Barely. But I have a pulse.

And it's drumming to the sound of you.

And I'm thinking about you.

Like hands think about holding.

And souls think about soaring.

Like hearts think about beating. 

And bleeding. 

And. 

b r e a k i n g.


And 

how 

I'm 

breaking.



















For you.




14 comments:

  1. Oh my goshhhh. This. This was amazing. I was going to type the lines I love, but I would have to re type this post. Love love love. It's like you know me. So amazing. You are a gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But we all want what we can't have."
    Damn. . . I need sweat pants right now!
    Joking! It's context.
    This is really really good. I like it, and I don't have words for it. It feels so spot on and true and right. Keep it up!
    Grand Slam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "but we all want what we can't have" #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok your words just melted my heart....it's now a puddle. Freak Chicaaaoo! Can you just write book with all of your stuff in it so I can buy it and read it over and over (and maybe paint in it..haha inside joke) But seriously!! Please write a book!!

    #staysweet #don'tdodrugs #withoutme #greenisn'tacreativecolor #grapes

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Like mountains think about moving and I wish I could move mountains just so you'd notice me"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want you to know that I'm not thinking about you.
    I'm not thinking about you.
    But damnit...

    And it's drumming to the sound of you.

    Damn

    ReplyDelete
  7. "And the thing is, I'd like my lungs to stay how they are."

    "And how I'm breaking. For you."

    i just want more and more of your words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I already commented on this but I want to again just because it really meant a lot.

    i love it.

    yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're all the same in a different way. We all want what we can't have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I absolutely love this! Can we be friends???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! Your blog is really creative. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "And I'm thinking about you.
    Like hands think about holding.
    And souls think about soaring.
    Like hearts think about beating.
    And bleeding.
    And.
    b r e a k i n g."


    THIS ^^^

    Just... so much good. I can't even speak properly right now. Job good, go to way, yeah. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow wo wo ow owwowowowow.
    WOW.

    i can't get over this:

    "But I'm not thinking about you,
    Or the muscles that run up your spine like smoke.
    Because I'm having a hard time breathing."


    i keep writing things and then erasing them bc I just literally don't have the words to express how FULL this piece is. It's filling. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete